Aamir Khan & Akshay Kumar, two of the highest tax payers in Bollywood, will star in a documentary produced by the Income Tax Department to spread the message of tax compliance.
The documentary, which is about 20-minutes-long, is narrated by veteran actor Om Puri in his trademark baritone & will also star Priyanka Chopra, according to media sources. The documentary will be unveiled by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee during the first-ever Income Tax day celebrations on July 24 in New Delhi.
Akshay paid an advance tax of Rs 9 crore in March 2010, taking his total advance tax payment in the current financial year to Rs 18 crore. Aamir, with an advance tax payment of Rs 12 crore, stands second.
“The ensemble, which includes Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar & Priyanka Chopra, represent the youth and spirit of the country. They are successful & pay their income tax responsibly,” a top I-T officer involved in the project said.
- Akshay Kumar to host the second season of Fear Factor
- Photo Shoots: Akshay Kumar for Andpersand Magazine
- Spotted! Akshay Kumar in Goa
- Photo Shoots: Akshay Kumar for Cineblitz Magazine (August 2011)
- Photo Shoots: Akshay Kumar for People Magazine (July 2011)
- Photo Shoots: Akshay Kumar for LG Electronics (August 2010)
- First Look: Aishwarya Rai & Akshay Kumar in Action Replay
- Photo Shoots: Akshay Kumar for Filmfare Magazine (April 2010)
- Akshay Kumar’s wife Twinkle arrested & later released for the unbuttoning act
- Photo Shoots: Akshay Kumar for Star Week Magazine (August 2011)