A lot of people in the industry have been wondering why Aishwarya Rai has been working so hard lately, even as she balances her time between her two sets of parents at Jalsa (the Bachchans) and La Mer (the Rais).
Fact is, Aishwarya is in a hurry to finish up all her pending assignments, so that she can keep a part of the year 2010 free for family affairs, and that includes motherhood!
A source close to the couple said, “The two of them are fed up of relatives, strangers and relative strangers asking them when the stork is visiting. Secretly, they feel pressurised. It’s as if their parenthood is a public issue.
Even when they are at airports waiting to board flights, over-exuberant ladies rush to them with an inquisitive look on their eager faces.
Even before these fans open their mouth, Abhishek Bachchan knows exactly what the question is, and he gets visibly annoyed. Aishwarya handles such over-inquisitive attention far more graciously.”
Luckily, there has been absolutely no peer pressure on Abhishek or Aishwarya about parenthood from either side. Neither the Bachchans nor the Rais are the type who badger their children asking when will they start a family.
But Aishwarya already has a plan.
Parenthood will probably come next year, when she completes her pending assignments and that includes a parade of topnotch films including Vipul Shah’s Action Replay, Shankar’s Robot, Mani Ratnam’s Raavana and Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Guzaarish, for which, Aishwarya starts shooting in Goa in August, followed by Abhinay Deo’s Crooked.
In addition to this, there are filmmakers like Rohan Sippy, Vishal Bharadwaj, Rituparno Ghosh and Ashutosh Gowariker who are patiently waiting in the queue to sign her.
The source added, “This is, no doubt, the busiest phase of Aishwarya’s career. Such a flurry of assignments has never been seen before in any married actress’ life and she’d be foolish to let such opportunities slip by. Luckily, Abhishek is thoroughly supportive of her career.
She wants to complete as many of these assignments as she can, before she becomes a mother. Because once she gets into that role, she wouldn’t want any other distractions. That, Aishwarya is sure of.”
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali wants Abhishek Bachchan & Aishwarya Rai for his next film
- Snapshots: Abhishek Bachchan & Aishwarya Rai@Raavan Music Launch
- Aishwarya Rai-Abhishek Bachchan off to Miami for their wedding anniversary!
- Photo Shoots: Abhishek Bachchan & Aishwarya Rai for Hello! Magazine Middle East (July 2011)
- Snapshots: Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai@GQ Men Of The Year Awards 2009
- Abhishek Bachchan-Aishwarya Rai on vacation to celebrate second Wedding Anniversary
- Video: Ranjha Ranjha from Raavan (Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai)
- Snapshots: Aishwarya Rai & Abhishek Bachchan at Cannes Film Festival 2010 (Day 4)
- Snapshots: Aishwarya Rai & Abhishek Bachchan at Raavan Photocall at Cannes Film Festival 2010
- Snapshots: Abhishek Bachchan-Aishwarya Rai depart for Macau, China to attend IIFA Awards 2009