Romancing younger men on screen seems to be in vogue in Bollywood!
Now, it’s Bipasha Basu, who pairs up with Ranbir Kapoor and Neil Nitin Mukesh in two forthcoming films.
While Ranbir is Bipasha’s co-star in Siddharth Anand’s Bachna Ae Haseeno, the actress teams up with Neil in Jehangir Surti’s Freeze.
Bipasha plays a slightly older co-star to both the young men. In Freeze, Bipasha is cast as a DJ opposite Neil’s role of a high-flying photographer.
Bipasha is, at the moment, reluctant to talk about her role. “We’re in discussion. I like the script. It’s too soon to talk about it,” she said.
Neil, who is three years younger to her, is more forthright.
He said, “Bipasha is opposite me in Freeze. She’s someone I’ve always admired.” Mention the age difference and Neil is embarrassed. “Nobody will notice it. Our characters justify our presence. She does play someone older.” Is she older to Ranbir in the Yash Raj film? “Just a coincidence, I guess,” says Neil.
Bipasha was reluctant to do another film where her co-star was younger, but her boyfriend, John Abraham convinced her.
“That’s true,” said Neil. “Bipasha did have her doubts when she read the script. But, John Abraham who happens to be a pal of Freeze’s director convinced her to go for it. John is a really cool guy. Bipasha, she’s hot! Hope John doesn’t mind my saying so,” said Neil.
Dimple Kapadia dared to team up with Akshaye Khanna in Dil Chahta Hai, Saif Ali Khan in Being Cyrus and Amol Mhatre in Leela.
Deepa Sahi teamed up with Shah Rukh Khan in Maya Memsaab, Rakhee Gulzar with Rishi Kapoor in Doosra Aadmi and Nutan with Amitabh Bachchan in Saudagar.
- Bipasha Basu tweets about her relationship with John Abraham
- John Abraham and Bipasha Basu’s Roman holiday!
- Bipasha Basu swims in the dark!
- Snapshots: Bipasha Basu, Shilpa Shetty on Farah Khan’s TV show
- Bipasha Basu to do a British TV show
- Photo Shoots: Bipasha Basu for Wella Kolestint (May 2011)
- Photo Shoots: Bipasha Basu & John Abraham for Filmfare Magazine (June 2010)
- Video: Bipasha Basu in VI-John Hair Removal Cream Ad (June 2010)
- Snapshots: John Abraham & Bipasha Basu@Inception’s screening
- Photo Shoots: Bipasha Basu for Kustody Deo (June 2011)