On one hand, he’s in the news for having signed the Hollywood blockbuster Mission Impossible 4 opposite Tom Cruise, while on other, Anil Kapoor is busy gearing up for something that’ll be a hair-raising revelation for many.
The actor will shave off his head completely for his role in Rajkumar Santoshi‘s Power!
Considering the actor’s hairstyle has undergone next to no change over all these years, this latest development is sure to shock many of his fans.
Media source said, “Anil Kapoor is known to be extremely possessive about his hair style. This is the first time he is playing the role of a villain in a film. His character in the film is very mercurial, edgy and stylised. Anil, too, was thinking about his role for the last month and after much contemplation, he chose to go completely bald.”
The decision was a tough one for the actor, who is known for being one of the fittest guys in Bollywood. He wanted the character to be a notch higher than the other villains played on screen before. There was also a lot of debate on him wearing a wig but he finally decided against it.
The source further said, “Anil is currently busy promoting his film, No Problem. Post that, he will go to shoot for Mission impossible 4. He will return around Christmas this year and soon after, he plans to go bald and start shooting for Power.”
The actor’s official spokesperson confirmed the news and said, “Yes, Anil will be taking a bold step for his role in Power.”
The film, to be produced by Firoz Nadiadwala, also stars Amitabh Bachchan, Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt, Amisha Patel and Sanjay Dutt in the lead roles. But we all know who will stand out for sure!
- Snapshots: Anil Kapoor arrives in Toronto for IIFA Awards 2011
- Video: Anil Kapoor & Sonam Kapoor on CNN
- Photo Shoots: Irrfan Khan & Anil Kapoor for Elle Magazine (June 2011)
- Snapshots: Anil Kapoor@Pearls Delhi Couture Week 2010
- Snapshots: Anil Kapoor departs for Macau, China to attend IIFA Awards 2009
- Snapshots: Anil Kapoor@Montblanc Celebrity Auction And Dinner To Benefit UNICEF
- Snapshot: Anil Kapoor at Canali Spring Summer 2012 Fashion Show in Milan
- Snapshots: Anil Kapoor with Hilary Swank at IIFA Awards 2011 Green Carpet
- Anil Kapoor to play cop in Roger Donaldson’s financial thriller Cities
- Snapshots: Anil Kapoor arrives@IIFA 2009 Fashion Extravaganza in Macau, China