But, surprisingly, a Hollywood studio is keen on remaking a Hindi film, after acquiring its legitimate remaking rights from its producers. The film in question is the just-released 13B.
Confirms Jawahar Sharma, COO – International Film Business, Big Pictures, “The studios in West are recognising the enormous talent in India, especially young film-makers and writers.
There’s tremendous pool of talent that needs to be tapped. The subject of 13B is such, it can easily crossover to the Western audiences, if made in international languages.”
A leading studio has evinced keen interest in the script of 13B.
“No, they haven’t watched the film yet. I presume, they must’ve gone through the synopsis and found it interesting,” Jawahar continues, “See, horror films made in Japan and Korea have already got international recognition. They [the studio] feel that 13B also has the potential to strike a chord with Western audiences.”
Stay tuned in!
Image via Official Site
- Ajay Devgn to play terrorist in Hollywood film Speed’s remake
- Jennifer Aniston in Hollywood remake of Asit Sen’s classic movie, Khamoshi!
- Akshay Kumar enters Hollywood with his Indo-Canadian project Breakaway
- The Italian Job remake in the pipeline!
- Amitabh Bachchan with Hollywood stars in Firoz Nadiadwala’s next!
- Bipasha Basu’s going Hollywood by making love with Billy Zane in Daniel Silverman’s Chimera
- Karan Johar to remake Agneepath
- Kareena Kapoor all set to rock Hollywood?
- Forbes: Aishwarya Rai is the most bankable Hollywood star from India
- Mallika Sherawat talks about shifting base to Hollywood, films and marriage