Aishwarya Rai Bachchan‘s pregnancy news had poured cold water on Madhur Bhandarkar and UTV’s dreams of making Heroine. However, like every dark cloud, this too has a silver lining.
Kareena Kapoor has finally agreed to step into the shoes left empty by Mrs Bachchan.
On Monday, UTV’s CEO Siddharth Roy Kapur and the writer of Heroine – Niranjan Iyengar – flew down to Hyderabad to meet Kareena, who had been spending some time with her boyfriend Saif Ali Khan, who in turn has been shooting for Cocktail with Deepika Padukone at the Ramoji Rao Film City there.
The meeting between the producer, the writer and the actress proved to be quite fruitful. So much so that the actress has now agreed to be a part of the project, with a few conditions of her own.
“Kareena has consented to the snorting, drinking and smoking scenes. Earlier, she had strong reservations against them. Now, she just doesn’t want to do the explicit lovemaking scenes with Arjun Rampal and Sudhir Mishra’s discovery Arunoday Singh. Those scenes are extremely sexy and Kareena is just not comfortable doing them,” informed a media source.
Kareena, interestingly, happened to be Madhur’s choice for the film previously. However, the actress had refused to do it since she felt that the content of the film was too heavy and bold for her.
“What can be better than getting your first choice back in the project?” quipped the source when asked about the same.
- Kareena Kapoor talks about Heroine
- Kareena Kapoor in Madhur Bhandarkar’s film based on Marilyn Monroe
- Arjun Rampal opposite Aishwarya Rai in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Heroine
- Kareena Kapoor in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2
- Snapshots: Kareena Kapoor wins Best Actress Award@IIFA Awards 2010
- Kareena Kapoor is not a Size Zero anymore!
- Kareena Kapoor to launch her official website
- Snapshots: Aishwarya Rai’s Heroine Photocall at Cannes Film Festival 2011
- Video: Aishwarya Rai’s Heroine Press Meet at Cannes Film Festival 2011
- Snapshot: Kareena Kapoor in RA.One