Never mind Race, forget Tashan. Saif Ali Khan has moved on! And this year, he’s got his own espionage thriller Agent Vinod to complete, and Imtiaz Ali’s Love Aaj Kal and Renzil D’Silva’s next film to look forward to.
He’s looking younger and sexier (Kareena Kapoor will vouch for that!) and is gung-ho about life and love and all set to rock at work. Here’s the latest interview he gave to the media:
# It’s been a while since we saw you..
I’m a private person and I like it this way – hanging out at home with family after work or going on a holiday. I also like my career to be on my terms. I think, I am influenced by my father Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi in this regard. I don’t mind not being seen everywhere.
# Is producing a film more satisfying than acting?
There are various departments of production that I am not familiar with. I am more interested in the creative side. The rest is taken care of by my partner. I’m an actor and nothing beats that.
# What kind of films are you committed to making?
I quite like the concept of the multiplex hero. I like to make small, realistic and interesting films which are challenging and disturbing. My films Ek Hasina Thi and Being Cyrus would have done well in today’s multiplex time. But being a mainstream actor, I cannot escape from making interesting mainstream commercial films once in a while.
# You seemed to be very settled in your love life…
# Will Kareena be Begum Pataudi?
She’s a queen in her own right and doesn’t need me to make her one. But I see some people in Pataudi calling her Choti Begum!
- Snapshots: Kareena Kapoor-Saif Ali Khan in Delhi
- Snapshots: Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor On The Sets Of Kurbaan
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan headed for splitsville?
- Snapshots: Kareena Kapoor-Saif Ali Khan on the sets of Karan Johar’s Kurbaan
- Posters: Kurbaan (Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor)
- Snapshots: Saif Ali Khan & Kareena Kapoor@Padma Awards event in Delhi
- Photo Shoots: Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan for Filmfare Magazine (November 2009)
- Video: Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan’s Ad Campaign for Head & Shoulders (August 2011)
- Saif Ali Khan talks about Kareena, Movies & Cricket!
- Photo Shoots: Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan for Metro Shoes (November 2010)